[Interest] Bluetooth low energy on Windows 10

Glenn Ramsey gr at componic.co.nz
Fri Jul 27 02:19:47 CEST 2018

Thanks Olli,

I didn't realise that Windows requires the device to be manually paired as the
other OSes I'm developing for don't seem to require this for BLE.

It turns out that when paired using the Windows 10 Settings app, the device I'm
using gets disconnected a few seconds after pairing and it then can be seen, but
not connected to, by other apps but if paired using the dialog that a UWP app
shows (or the 'Pair' function in Microsoft's Bluetooth LE explorer app) then it
stays connected and win32 apps can see it and connect to it. This gives me a
temporary workaround until the connection issues for my target device are fixed.

I've reported this to the device manufacturer but also reporting it here in case
there are other devices that have a similar problem.

Glenn