[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 76, Issue 8

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jul 30 17:38:56 CEST 2018

From: Interest <interest-bounces+mike.jackson=bluequartz.net at qt-project.org> on behalf of Roland Hughes <roland at logikalsolutions.com>
Date: Monday, July 30, 2018 at 9:17 AM
To: Qt Interest <interest at qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 76, Issue 8

I would hate to think anyone utilized Eclipse to create QtCreator. I would hope, given KDE's ties to Qt that KATE/KDevelop were used to create it.

Um, besides being a bit on the slow side (java….), what was wrong with Eclipse for C++ dev? Back when it was around the choices were pretty limited. It still has a killer feature that even QtCreator does not have and that is the ability to hover over a macro and have the complete (including multiply levels) code generation show up. For code basis that heavily use macros this was a really great feature to have. And I could just have it use my premade makefiles or use my cmake generated makefiles without any complaints or regeneration.

--
Mike Jackson