[Interest] Chromium build failure, SSL and Qt 5.6.3 vs 5.6.0,

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Jul 31 14:48:29 CEST 2018

On Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018 14:02:23 CEST Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> On 31 July 2018 at 23:45, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
> >
> > The question was: Do you want security fixes or not? The reason it was
> > done is because we have upped our game on security fixes in webengine.
>
> Can't you just backport security fixes, eg like Debian and OpenBSD do?

Debian does not do that. They update ALL of chromium for every single update,
even on the stable branch, because they don't have the manpower to backport
security patches, and because backporting patches has severe limitations,
especially for a full chromium browser as opposed to our subset of it. In fact
no Linux distro does backports of security patches for Chromium, they have all
given up.

`Allan