[Interest] Chromium build failure, SSL and Qt 5.6.3 vs 5.6.0,

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jul 31 17:15:34 CEST 2018

On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 05:51:23 PDT Kai Koehne wrote:
> The original Qt Quick Compiler hasn't been open sourced. There were other
> optimizations though that might arguably made it less beneficial. See e.g.
> http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/03/08/qt-qml-performance-improvements-qt-5-8-0/
> .

The qmlcachegen tool is not equivalent of the compiler. The cachegen parses
the QML structure and stores a platform-independent bytecode. It does not
store the JIT.

I spoke to Simon about this and he said that the JIT gain would be nice, but
it's not necessary right now. It would add a lot of complication while we
still have more to be gained from elsewhere.