[Interest] Deploying Qt QML files using QtQuick compiler on Qt 5.11 for Mac

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at protonmail.com
Sat Jun 9 15:13:01 CEST 2018

Hello all,

I have been trying to deploy an extremely simple QML application, one
CPP and one QML, on macOS. I have discovered that while I don't need to
deploy my own QML, I do need to deploy the Qt dependencies, such as Qt
Quick Controls. I would like to ask for your help with the following
questions:

1. Have I made a mistake? Do I really need to deploy the built-in QML
dependencies even if I use the Qt Quick Compiler?

2. In case this is all normal, is there a benefit to performance to also
compile the dependencies?

3. In case there is, how can I easily have the Qt Quick Compiler compile
those for me?

Thank you for your time.

Dimitar Dobrev