[Interest] "QXcbClipboard::setMimeData: Cannot set X11 selection owner"

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:57:21 CEST 2018

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> There's nothing to be changed, unless you want to disable clipboard support
> completely.

I'm guessing I could implement a fallback to XStoreBuffer, so that at least text
copying works?
Heck, since this is on Mac I could even pipe text content into pbcopy...

Now, would it be possible that selection owner setting fails because
QXcbConnection::getQtSelectionOwner() returns something that has gone invalid?
Or rather, because the xcb_window created by that function has been closed
somehow? If so, would forcing a reset of m_qtSelectionOwner be a way out of the
issue?