[Interest] Running Qt application on Linux without screen

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Mon Jun 18 14:58:52 CEST 2018

Hi Tomasz,

I think in Windows, it simply is not possible for a service app to also
run in desktop - they have separate desktops.  The usual solution is to
move data and commands between the service and desktop app via some form
of inter process communication - TCP, pipes, mailslots, etc.

Can you use the same techniques in your app?  You should be able to
easily split it, depending on how much data the desktop needs?

Hope that helps, Tony