[Interest] Determining dependencies for Qt modules

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 05:38:30 CET 2018

> On Mar 2, 2018, at 10:28 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Friday, 2 March 2018 17:11:55 PST Patrick Stinson wrote:
>> I am trying to create the minimum Qt build for QtWidgets, QtQuickControls,
>> QtLocation, and QtPurchasing. But when I configure with the following
>> command line:
>
> Build everything. That’s the easiest.

Definitely the easiest. Definitely time consuming. No matter how much effort I put into keeping my deps clean with a copy-and-paste build instructions, I always end up re-building enough to want it to happen quickly and in a pinch.

> Anyway, your problem was skipping qtdeclarative. You can see the dependencies
> in the .gitmodules file.

Thanks for the tip on .gitmodules. I knew it had to be somewhere. Some problems with it:

I had a look and qtdeclarative is only recommended for qtlocation and qtpurchasing. I did notice that qtandroidextras is a dependency for qtpurchasing, and qtpurchasing builds and installs after removing “-skip qtandroidextras”:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: location

Which is odd considering I am building on macOS. But OK, maybe the dependency list ignores the current platform.

But the question remains: Why doesn’t qtlocation build when it only has qtbase as a dependency? So I removed “-skip qtdeclarative” from the configure line, but still no change:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: location

Then I removed “-skip qtserialport” to satisfy the “recommends” entries for qtlocation and that did it. So in the end for qtlocation and qtpurchasing on macOS I had to remove qtandroidextras, qtserialport, qtdeclarative

Is the dependency list actually reliable?

Thank you!
-Patrick