[Interest] Qt for AR

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Tue Mar 6 05:04:15 CET 2018

Hi,

I fully agree that marker based AR is not the proper way to do tracking. With a mobile phone, best is if you can leverage camera for "natural feature tracking" and aid the accuracy via sensor fusion. Depending upon the application / use case you may be able to use known objects as markers (think amiibo, but with visual recognition). There are different algorithms for camera based natural feature tracking, some of these freely available. Qt offers a good baseline for creating this type of application, but currently you need to do the tracking in your application.

Yours,

	Tuukka