[Interest] Unit test framework

Himanshu Vishwakarma himvish997 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 06:35:50 CET 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Actually, I am a beginner in the qt and C++.
and I am participating in this GSoC where I have to unit testing of
software GCompris:
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2018/Ideas#Project:_Unit_test_framework

I have certain question rise after doing much research. please the
clear my confusion.

Q1. A squish is a software by which we can test the software
graphically i.e. in GUI mode ?? please comments...

Q2. If yes, there must be alternative by we can test the software in
non-GUI mode also. If yes, then what are the methods??

Q4. One commit is done by me to my KDE project(same)
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/commit/ed5237519dd0d9ee90828e6daa60b633bf1360d4
it is based on the QtTest of C++ part, same way can I write more test
by Qt Quick Test of qml/js part of my project. please comments...

Q3. There are some projects where the unit testing is happening. can
these things can I apply to our project also. What are your
suggestions??
Project1: https://github.com/papyros/qml-material
Project2: https://github.com/yunit-io/yunit-old

 --