[Interest] QImage::Format_Grayscale8 work working

Nikolai Tasev nikolai at nand.bg
Fri Mar 16 14:52:57 CET 2018

I am not sure if there any difference in how the Indexed8 and Grayscale8
are saved. It also depends on the
file format. As far as I remember many formats always save as 32bits.

First look at the pixel data as raw unsigned char values to see if the
conversion is correct, maybe the problem comes
later when saving. Then you can also try with some small synthetic
images for specialized tests.

Grayscale8 is a most recent development is there any chance that you use
a newer header and older library?