[Interest] Qt sensors fakery

Lorn Potter lorn.potter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 01:33:36 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 26/3/18 11:38 pm, Jason H wrote:
> I'm working with the Qt sensors, and while most of these plug into whatever platform support is there, I was wondering what the likelihood of getting a simulation interface built in would be?
>
> Basically, like QPA it would be a sensor back-end that you could link into the app that uses a TCP socket to receive values that appear on the sensor output. I'm thinking a GUI app that you use sliders, toggle buttons, etc, and to replay previously recorded sensor values. But you could use it to simulate mobile sensors on desktop devices.

There is a simulator backend. There was a gui app to flick the sensors data, but that was never open sourced. I am not sure of the state of that. Someone internal to qt company might know. Alex Blasche?

There is an old MR to remove it although, which hasn't been pushed.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/178116/

-
Lorn Potter
Developer, Maintainer QtSensors/QtSystemInfo