[Interest] No application .pro file found, not building on APK in Android

Rollastre Prostrit rollastre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 20:21:01 CEST 2018

Hi,

is this a QMake bug? a know issue? or is it by design that if I have a
project with TEMPLATE = subdirs with several subprojects (.pro files)
like this

Project (template=subdirs)
     Suproject1 (template=app)
     Subproject2 (template=lib)

then I can build it, package it and debug/runi it in an android device
BUT... in the very moment I have another lib like this

Project (template=subdirs)
     Suproject1 (template=app)
     Subproject2 (template=lib)
     Subproject3 (template=lib)

or even like with  this

Project (template=subdirs)
     Suproject1 (template=app)
     Subproject2 (template=subdirs)
         Subproject3 (template=lib)
         Subproject4 (template=lib)

the application builds but fails to deploy saying that "No application
.pro file found, not building on APK" and I am no longer able to
continue work?

I don't understand why it says it doesn't find an application .pro file.
Subproject1 is a .pro file which template is app in all cases. The pro
files are nowhere close to any fancy complicated stuff.

This is happening on Qt 5.10.1 on a Mac

Is there a way to make QMake aware of what the intended "app" subproject
is? or a workaround for when it fails detecting it?

Thanks in advance