[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 79, Issue 21

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun May 6 18:10:47 CEST 2018

On sábado, 5 de maio de 2018 07:58:45 PDT Roland Hughes wrote:
> Data centers have been moving to ARM (the new absolute bottom) and
> Z-machines for quite some time now.

And yet they represent less than 0.1% of the market share.

> The x86 has both heat and power problems which cannot be overcome.

I'm sure my colleagues at Intel would be very interested in your detailed
analysis that shows why the problems cannot be overcome. Please forward me
your papers if you can.

If not, you're boasting and making unfounded generalisations. You're spreading
FUD.

> Even HP switched to selling ARM based servers in 2014.

Where by "switched", you mean "added to the sale roster but still sells less
than 0.1%".

Call me when even one of them cracks the Top 500 list at
	https://www.top500.org/statistics/sublist/

Also, count how many of the Top 500 are big-endian.

This is a Cluster list. One supposed to be processing a lot of data and doing
number-crunching.