[Interest] QDatastream, QMap, QImage serialization

Sérgio Martins iamsergio at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:44:42 CEST 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
> (...)
> Admittedly I don't understand the nuances of QPixmap. But I know working with a QImage should not require a windowing server.

Where did you see QImage needs a windowing server ?
Which QPA plugin are you using for headless apps ?

QGuiApplication should work fine for command-line-only apps, just use
a QPA plugin that doesn't require a window system, try the offscreen
plugin.

A good example of a gui app running on headless server is PhantomJS,
which runs the entire QtWebKit stack.

Regards,
Sergio Martins