[Interest] QDatastream, QMap, QImage serialization

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri May 25 16:25:15 CEST 2018

On 5/24/18, 4:16 PM, "Interest on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <interest-bounces+mike.jackson=bluequartz.net at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

    On Thursday, 24 May 2018 16:57:03 -03 Michael Jackson wrote:
    > QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to
    > '/tmp/runtime-buildbot'

    This one means your environment isn't properly set up. Make sure
    XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is set correctly to the correct path.

    > qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to
    > display
    > Could not connect to any X display.

    export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=offcreen

    > So what, _exactly_, am I missing. Is there a platform plugin that I need to
    > force load in these situations?

    Yes, the offscreen one.

Well I got a bit farther and was able to use the -platform offscreen arguments to our command line applications (still worried what will happen when our libraries are called from Python) and I got really close. BUT this happens:

"This plugin does not support application fonts"

Some of the "painting" that we do involves fonts (and scaling them up or down depending on the size of the output image).

So I would sum up the whole thread as "technically" one can use QtGui application but anything past trivial painting isn't practically possible across platforms.

--
Mike Jackson