[Interest] QDatastream, QMap, QImage serialization

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 22 21:15:02 CEST 2018

On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 14:45:53 -03 Jason H wrote:
> But for people in my position, knowing that QGuiApplication with offscreen
> platform the raster implementation we are looking for, is not immediately
> obvious. It took you saying that for me to know that. I don't see how it
> can be gleamed from the docs.

That's why I said that QGuiApplication should have that option in the
constructor or in a static method. Mucking with the platform plugin choice by
way of the environment is the wrong thing to do -- suppose you want to launch
a graphical application from your non-graphical one.

If you want this to happen, file a suggestion. I don't work on QtGui.