[Interest] QtQuick for mobile - any experience to share?

Marek.Floriańczyk marek.florianczyk at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:55:10 CEST 2018

Dnia niedziela, 27 maja 2018 10:13:58 CEST Sylvain Pointeau pisze:
> Hello Ekke, Jason, Jérôme, and all

Hi all

If I can add my two words.
I'm using Qt since 2012, V-Play about a year now.

From my point of view biggest advantage is that Qt runs on about everything. Most of my
projects include desktop, mobile, and server applications, where server runs on x86
processors as well as on ARM and it runs well, one of my project is CuteComfort all written in
Qt (mobile app for Android, iOS, both tablet and phone), desktop app for Windows,Mac and
Linux, server app running on Cubieboard microcomputer with ARM processor and the
system is managing 4 story hotel (heating, lightning, sensors) about 5 years now.

This advantage means that I just copy part of my code from server, to mobile (not graphics
of course), to desktop - all the same code.

V-Play is really nice, about a year ago I started to use it, so now I'm writing desktop and
mobile app with V-Play. Many useful features like plugins (PushNotification, Facebook, etc.) -
and again common code.

So lets say you need to create system that require server,desktop and mobile apps, if you go
native, this will require 4 different programming languages - 4 times the costs. If you go with
some JS framework, you wont be able to make server and desktop app, whereas with Qt ... ;)

About the costs, I'm not sure how it works now, I purchased license a few years ago and it
costs me about 99 USD per month (I'm micro-entity) for Qt and I have yearly subscription for
V-Play.
I don't want to brag, but some of my projects are described here
http://fmcode.pl/portfolio
although only in Polish language, maybe google will translate, anyway pictures included.

Best,
Marek