[Interest] QtQuick for mobile - any experience to share?

Christoph Keller theoriginalgri at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:25:16 CEST 2018

You are correct, in my opinion the price for Qt is way too high if you
only need the mobile platforms. That's the reason we're thinking about
phasing out Qt in the next project. You'll likely reach the $100k
revenue with a 2-man project soon.

Don't forget there's also Google's Flutter in the game which is written
in dart and renders all by itself like Qt does.

React Native will give you all the joy of dependency management
(cocoapods, gradle) and 3rdparty libraries available for mobile which
will be hell to integrate with Qt (think of lottie animations and google
maps for example). Also they support the nice "hot reload" (flutter also
has this feature).

Regards,
Christoph