[Interest] Multiple Qt Bluetooth Low Energy servers on one device using Qt?

Erik Botö erik.boto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:45:22 CET 2018

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 10:57 AM Christian Kandeler <Christian.Kandeler at qt.io>
wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 08:11:55 +0100
> Erik Botö <erik.boto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to expose multiple BLE services from one device using Qt (on
> linux),
> > but don't know how to do it if it's even possible.
> >
> > In my specific case I want my device to be both a heart rate service
> (HRS)
> > and a cycling power service (CPS).
> >
> > My testing code is very similar to the heart rate server example from
> Qt's
> > documentation,
> > http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtbluetooth-heartrate-server-main-cpp.html, and
> I've
> > tried the following two approaches:
> >
> >    1. Using two QLowEnergyControllers from one application
>
> AFAIK, a QLowEnergyController instance represents a device, so I don't
> think this is possible (unless you address two distinct BLE devices).
>
> >    2. Using one QLowEnergyController, but adding two different services
> >    using bleController->addService().
>
> That should work.
>
> > However it doesn't seems like either one is working properly.
>
> You'll have to be more specific than that.

So I figured I might as well turn it in to a minimalistic example to show
the problem, and of course it turns out it works. The "fun" thing is that I
actually played around with this a year ago but never got it working, even
when trying a minimal example. But that code is long gone, but obviously it
had a bug in it since I only got updates for one of the services back then.

Thanks for pointing out it should work, which made me have another go at it.

Cheers,
Erik