[Interest] update on building Qt/Linux with clang?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:36:41 CET 2018

On Monday November 05 2018 12:10:15 Jean-Michaël Celerier wrote:
> I tried building everything with clang 7 and libc++ last week but hit a
> qlalr segfault during build. I've been trying to debug it ever since to no
> avail.

Building with libc++ and the very latest Clang may just have been a bridge too far ;) I do build a number of KDE apps and QMPlay2 that way though, against a regular libstdc++ most-everything-else, and that works just fine despite premonitions about mixing C++ runtimes.

I'm going to try with Clang 6 myself (because WTH :)), but I did run an initial configure with GCC 8 before reconfiguring with clang. That way the build tools are still built with the known-to-work toolchain.