[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 86, Issue 5

roland at logikalsolutions.com roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Nov 5 16:07:04 CET 2018

Quoting Giuseppe D'Angelo:

====
Hold on -- I don't think that anyone wants to make Qt containers NOT
implictly shared. In other words, Qt 6 containers will be implictly
shared just as today. It would be a gigantic break if we suddenly made
them not shared.
====

Well, there have been others on this list making statements about Qt
no longer investing effort to do things std:: already does. I myself
earlier this year was involved with an exchange where someone was
telling people to use std::vector becase QVector was deprecated going
forward.

That definitely would be a gigantic break.

Switching the containers to just be wrappers around std::
implementations would also be a dramatic break.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com