[Interest] Chasing a standard

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Mon Nov 5 17:43:44 CET 2018

Qt is probably only used into a part of the Dashboard or entertainment system, the controller chip or embedded MCU and other safety controller are probably not using Qt nor C++.  They follow some MISRA, AUTOSAR, CERT standard. They have a C++ standard, but seriously it prevent a good chunk of the language usage. Like in the medical, it always on which system critical part your software going to run, the radio with BLE phone that crash is one thing, the wheel control is another matter. If you don't follow those standard (which is possible), the burden of the proof of reliability false on you and you have to prove how your software can NEVER be a life threat.