[Interest] Android NDK 18

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Tue Nov 13 07:54:01 CET 2018

Am 12.11.18 um 22:05 schrieb Jérôme Godbout:

> Ok thanks, this also confirm the bribe of information I found that
> that 5.12 will support the clang with NDK 18. As for the previous
> version I will stick with NDK 17, I’m on 5.10 and want to look at 5.11
> again (last time I checked I reverted since I had issue with the Qml
> MouseArea and TouchArea). As for 5.12, I have seen many people having
> issue with it so far, I will wait until it stabilize a bit before I
> switch.

I did many tests with my complex mobile business apps (QQC2) for
Android, iOS, macOS, recently also Windows with 5.12 Beta1, Beta2,
Beta3, Beta4 and from my experiences Beta4 is very stable.
Had issues with translations
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71553, but it's fixed
Also a very specific issue using an external JS Library for RSA
encryption https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71591, but Lars Knoll
fixed it

hopefully both Bugs will be part of 5.12 Release Candidate

so for me - I'll switch to 5.12

> Quick Clang integration question, I have not test 5.12 yet, does it
> get auto detected like GCC was in previous version? Or do we have to
> configure the compiler/linker manually? Any issue with QMake with it?

starting with QtCreator 4.8.0 latest Beta-2 snapshots
https://download.qt.io/snapshots/qtcreator/4.8/4.8.0-beta2/ Clang is
auto detected

all my tests done on macOS 10.13.6 (and Windows in Parallels VM running
Windows10Pro)
all my apps QtQuickControls2 - so no experiences with Widgets

ekke