[Interest] QDir::entry(Info)List on macos

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Nov 15 17:07:51 CET 2018

On Thursday, 15 November 2018 05:54:22 PST Manner RĂ³bert wrote:
> Hope it is useful for someone. To be honest, I always imagined that if
> everyone would use UTF-8 life would be much better, now I'm unsure

Blame Apple for deciding to use an uncommon normalisation back in the day for
HFS. The HFS stores filenames in NFD, even if you type NFC and that's what you
do in Terminal.app. But APFS doesn't convert.

Anyway, this is an open bug that needs a fix. I can't fix it because I don't
have access to any Mac with APFS (my 2011 Mac Mini is running HFS).