[Interest] [Android] Qt machine unique id

roland at logikalsolutions.com roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Nov 19 19:19:12 CET 2018

At one point Intel had the "Big Brother" ID.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-piii-is-big-brother-inside/

Which is pretty much why what you are looking for doesn't exist
(publicly) anymore. Lots of theories and stories in the dark corners
of the world though.

TRADITIONALLY, what you want to do has always been accomplished via a
dongle for work/business machines. During the VAX 11 days this was a
25-pin RS-232 dongle with burnt in software that would see a special
escape sequence sent to the console and respond with a burnt in value.
There are still companies providing such solutions.

https://www.keylok.com/products

If ALL of your systems have EFI instead of BIOS you could read up on the specs

http://wiki.phoenix.com/wiki/index.php/EFI_FILE_PROTOCOL

and figure out how to park a hidden one line text file out there. If
the file exists, have the software refuse to install. Don't
automatically remove the file as part of the un-install either.

Quoting interest-request at qt-project.org:

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions