[Interest] Qt 5.12 Beta 3 slows down ext Javascript library (RSA encrypt)

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Thu Nov 22 22:42:52 CET 2018

Am 05.11.18 um 17:59 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On Monday, 5 November 2018 05:49:33 PST ekke wrote:
>> created a example app and now noticed, the app doesn't freeze,
>> but the exection of encrypt() slows down from
>>
>> 5 sec (Qt 5.11.2) to
>> 92 sec (Qt 5.12 Beta3)
>>
>> will open a bug report
> How about you encrypt using C++ instead? OpenSSL probably has the encryption
> you need.

Hi Thiago,

thx motivating me to find native solutions.

implemented RSA String encryption for Obj-C and Android Java - and of
course it's much faster as JS

https://github.com/ekke/encrypt_text

--

the other good news: the 20* slow down in JS is fixed in Qt 5.12 RC :)

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71591

ekke