[Interest] Windows 10 Tablet QNetworkConfigurationManager not online if WIFI (MSVC 2017)

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Sat Nov 24 11:41:10 CET 2018

after years developing apps for Android and iOS I recently added
Windows10 64 bit.
thx to Qt my QtQuickControls2 apps are running on Windows10 with less
changes in UI
will blog about this later
for my windows 10 support I only need .exe for desktop app - no UWP apps
on a fresh Windows 10 pro 64 bit I installed:
- MSVC 2017 CE
- Qt 5.12 RC - MSVC 2017
to deploy the app:
- vcvars64.bat
- windeployqt --qmldir Y:\myApp\qml
Y:\build-myApp-Desktop_Qt_5_12_0_MSVC2017-Release\release
myApp.exe is working on
- my development environment (macOS 10.13.6 + Parallels VM - Windows 10
pro 64 bit)
- a customer Windows 10 pro Touch device
both connected via LAN
now the problem:
customers testing the app reporting that the app only works in LAN, but
not connected to WIFI adapters
I'm checking isOnline checking the onlineStateChanged SIGNAL from
QNetworkConfigurationManager - same as on Android
(on iOS I'm using OBJ-C ReachabilityListener)
any ideas what can be wrong in windows ?
will get a Windows 10 Tablet with WIFI next week to do more detailed tests

thx

ekke