[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 86, Issue 13

roland at logikalsolutions.com roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Nov 26 23:06:30 CET 2018

Quoting Henry Skoglund:

> Hi, your gcc is a bit long in the tooth, try upgrading it, say like:
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
> sudo apt update
> sudo apt install gcc-6
>
> Rgrds Henry

Thank you for your response Henry. For this project, installing a new
C compiler, from a PPA no less, is not an option. Everything has to be
in the official repos. So, basically, QtCreator no longer compiles on
Ubuntu 14.04. Adding insult to injury, the QtCreator in the official
repos cannot handle project files which were created using the version
in the 18.04 repos. I'll keep using sublime on 14.04 for what has to
be done here.

Thanks again,
Roland
--