[Interest] update on building Qt/Linux with clang?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 30 00:15:53 CET 2018

On Thursday, 29 November 2018 09:33:45 PST Jean-Michaƫl Celerier wrote:
> I also changed a few things in the buildscripts to link with lld instead of
> gold:
>
>   sed -i 's/fuse-ld=gold/fuse-ld=lld/g' \
>     qtbase/mkspecs/common/gcc-base-unix.conf \
>     qtbase/mkspecs/features/qt_configure.prf \
>     qtbase/configure.json
>
> (I'm not using arch's native clang, but the one I compiled myself though)

lld might be the issue. QLinkedListData::shared_null has pointers back to
itself:

const QLinkedListData QLinkedListData::shared_null = {
    const_cast<QLinkedListData *>(&QLinkedListData::shared_null),
    const_cast<QLinkedListData *>(&QLinkedListData::shared_null),
    Q_REFCOUNT_INITIALIZE_STATIC, 0, true
};

If those pointers are incorrect, it would cause the error you're seeing.