[Interest] Is it OK to emit from different thread?

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Fri Nov 30 23:16:19 CET 2018

It could have been resolved at runtime time when connect() is perform instead and not when called with both source and receiver QObject thread affinity. But that would have leave the moveTothread() the burden to disconnect and reconnect and other mind puzzle somewhere else I’m pretty sure. If you need to known the underhood implementation to perform the correct call, it’s because something need to be clarify somewhere.

The fact that the signal is routed when emitted and the route is not pre traced when doing the connection is required to make the correct assumption.