[Interest] Porting Qt to our RTOS

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Mon Oct 1 11:42:55 CEST 2018

Hi!

Forgive me for butting into this off-topic discussion about "true software egnineering"
(which is a horrible wording).

AFAI understand that discussion is about quality.

Well, if you want to know how to develop quality software, you need to look into safety
(not security!) industry. People which are responsible for other peoples life and health
tend to start *really* caring about quality. So if you want to learn about methods to
increase software quality, go checking what safety engineers do.

Of course safety is a different and expensive world by its own and you can not copy their
methods for conventional software since the effort is too big, but still it shows you
which methods are suited to increase quality.

You will see that what Roland states is a part of these methods.

PS: I have more or less given up reporting Qt bugs and suggestions for years. Judge
yourself if this a reasonable and/or desired effect of your way of handling issues or not.
I miss Qt 4.0.0 times a lot. It was fun back then.

--
Best Regards
Bernhard Lindner