[Interest] Priority of bugs

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Oct 1 13:37:35 CEST 2018

On 09/20/2018 03:27 PM, Krzysztof Kawa wrote:

> Hi,
> I really hate to be "that guy" again, but I'd just like to know what's going on.
>
> Some time ago I complained about bugs not being resolved for many
> major releases. I was then told my reports were P2 or lower and I
> can't expect them to be taken care of. That sucks for me but I can
> understand to some degree.
> But now a new release is out and I still have three P1:Critical
> issues, reported 3 or 4 releases ago, all being regressions btw, and
> nothing is fixed. There's a next major release around the corner and
> it doesn't seem to fix these either.

In your professional experience, how does this situation happen?

In my professional experience, it happens in one of the following ways.

1) Code is not reviewed against a System Architecture Document

2) Integration testing didn't test an existing feature

3) Integration testing failed and a version was released anyway

These are all shortcuts.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions