[Interest] CLion + Qt?

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Mon Oct 1 16:58:39 CEST 2018

(I'm asking here because I think my odds of finding a CLion user in a pile of Qt users is better than finding a Qt user in a bucket of CLion users).

I have a medium-sized Qt+cmake project - it builds fine, Qt Creator is mostly[1] happy with it. I thought I'd give CLion a try, and it really doesn't seem to like Qt.

A simple header file that has "#include <QString>" at the top has most of the QString member variables underlined in red with hover text of "Field has incomplete type 'QString'".

Any use of qCWarning says "No matching function for call to qWarning". QStringLiteral says "Expected body of lambda expression".

Despite all the errors in the editor it builds fine from within CLion.

Has anyone used CLion with Qt successfully? If so, any suggestions for how to make it happy?

Cheers,
  Steve

[1] It has the clangbackend crashing issue, but that's about it.