[Interest] [Android] Qt machine unique id

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Wed Oct 10 22:18:59 CEST 2018

That was one aspect I was fearing (just like dynamic MAC into BLE protocol)
and I would only be able to access that MAC if the WIFI is enabled which is
another show stopper for me.

I was hoping some device id was existing, but I will go with android id and
make a platform function, with a TODO for the iOS one and trying to figure
out to cross the bridge when I get there.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 15:53, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, 10 October 2018 07:00:13 PDT Igor Mironchik wrote:
> > Maybe MAC address of the network interface is good enough for you?
>
> There are some RFCs and internet drafts that recommend creating random or
> pseudo-random MAC addresses, for privacy. In other words, the MAC address
> would change depending on which network you're connected to and often
> which
> day it is.
>
> I do that for my Linux system for WiFi. Windows 10 has this feature too,
> but I
> don't remember if it's enabled by default.
>
> https://www.ietf.org/blog/mac-privacy/
>
> --

RAPPROCHEZ LA DISTANCE

*Jérôme Godbout*Senior Software Developer

*p:* +1 (418) 800-1073 ext.:109

*m:* +1 (581) 777-0050

amotus.ca <http://www.amotus-solutions.com/>
statum-iot.com