[Interest] [Android] Qt machine unique id

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Oct 11 00:50:44 CEST 2018

On Wednesday, 10 October 2018 13:18:59 PDT Jérôme Godbout wrote:
> I was hoping some device id was existing, but I will go with android id and
> make a platform function, with a TODO for the iOS one and trying to figure
> out to cross the bridge when I get there.

If there's an ID we could get on Android and it isn't /etc/machine-id, please
submit either a feature request or a patch implementing it in
QSysInfo::uniqueMachineId. Ditto for iOS (we already have working code for
macOS).

It isn't implemented for those because I don't develop for Android or iOS, so
I didn't do anything beyond superficial search to find out what types of IDs
exist.