[Interest] Deployement/Installation with QBS

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:31:38 CEST 2018

Le jeu. 25 oct. 2018 à 11:26, Christian Kandeler <Christian.Kandeler at qt.io>
a écrit :

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:01:00 +0200
> Xavier Bigand <flamaros.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a DynamicLibrary project and I want that QtCreator copy the dll in
> > an other directory than the shadow build one before running the custom
> run
> > command I set.
> >
> > So in my qbs file I put:
> >
> >         Group {
> >
> >             files: "*.dll"
> >
> >             qbs.install: true
> >
> >             qbs.installRoot: project.path
>
> qbs.installRoot is a global property of the build, typically set from the
> command line. Setting it inside a group will not do what you want. It is
> not recommended to set this property inside project files at all, but if
> you insist, it must be on the product level and it must be the same value
> in all products.

In my case it is exactly what I want to do, the dll should go in an other
directory that is versioned, so the path is deterministic.
It seems to work with a binary product but not with a DynamicLibrary. And
the project.path seems to be empty is there an other property to get a full
path to the qbs location?

Putting the qbs.installRoot in the Project element doesn't work.

> > In the DynamicLibrary block and added a "Qbs Install" deployement
> > step, but it doesn't works. There is few log so I can't figure out
> > what is wrong.
>
> Note that you do not need the install step, as the build step does
> deployment by default

Nice

> Christian

Thank you for help