[Interest] Deployement/Installation with QBS

Christian Kandeler Christian.Kandeler at qt.io
Thu Oct 25 11:26:27 CEST 2018

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:01:00 +0200
Xavier Bigand <flamaros.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a DynamicLibrary project and I want that QtCreator copy the dll in
> an other directory than the shadow build one before running the custom run
> command I set.
>
> So in my qbs file I put:
>
>         Group {
>
>             files: "*.dll"
>
>             qbs.install: true
>
>             qbs.installRoot: project.path

qbs.installRoot is a global property of the build, typically set from the command line. Setting it inside a group will not do what you want. It is not recommended to set this property inside project files at all, but if you insist, it must be on the product level and it must be the same value in all products.

> In the DynamicLibrary block and added a "Qbs Install" deployement
> step, but it doesn't works. There is few log so I can't figure out
> what is wrong.

Note that you do not need the install step, as the build step does deployment by default

Christian