[Interest] Native windows with QtCore backend

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Oct 29 17:16:01 CET 2018

On Monday, 29 October 2018 07:24:25 PDT Jeffrey Brendecke wrote:
> It looks like it means that as long as I run QCoreApplication::exec() on its
> own thread, that I can do all the Qt event handling/signal slot connections
> I want on that thread and not worry about what's going on on the main
> thread/Apple event loop until I need to synchronize data with the main
> thread. Then, it would be nothing more than what is normally involved with
> synchronizing data between threads.
>
> Is this correct?

Sounds about right. Just one detail: QCoreApplication::exec can only be called
in the main thread and Qt thinks the main thread is the one where the first
QObject was created, which is usually the QCoreApplication itself.

But you can use a QEventLoop in any thread. You still need to create a
QCoreApplication in the main thread, but you don't have to exec() it.