[Interest] Qt Android with OpenSSL problems "OpenSSL vulnerabilities in your apps"

René Hansen renehh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:22:50 CET 2018

Nguyen, I've just updated from 1.0.2n in my own app to 1.0.2p, using my own
homegrown build system for OpenSSL.

It seems to work and I can complete https request just fine. This is what I
get in the app when I query the version:

main.cpp:117 (int main(int, char**)): sslLibraryVersionString() "OpenSSL
1.0.2p  14 Aug 2018"

I don't know it will solve your problem, but maybe it's worth trying a
different build. Here's the link: https://github.com/rhardih/bad.

The readme has instructions, but basically it's just:

   1. Clone repo
   2. Run make openssl
   3. Extract libs

This is the Android part of the .pri file I use for OpenSSL:

linux:android {
  OSSL_BUILD_PATH =
/Users/rene/Code/bad/extracted/openssl-1.0.2p-armv7-a-build

  ANDROID_EXTRA_LIBS += \
    $$OSSL_BUILD_PATH/lib/libcrypto.so \
    $$OSSL_BUILD_PATH/lib/libssl.so
}