[Interest] Qt 5.3.2 with msvc2017

Russell, Matthew MRussell at neptec.com
Sun Sep 23 02:42:42 CEST 2018

Hi,

Has anyone been able to build Qt 5.3.2 with MSVC 2017?  I'm running into a weird error that I think is related to how I set up my mkspecs/win32-msvc2017 file.

The error during the build that happens right away is:

Creating qmake...
execute: File or path is not found (make)
execute: File or path is not found (make)
Cleaning qmake failed, return code -1

I created the mkspec file by coping the mkspecs/win32-msvc2012 file and updating the version values, specifically,
- Changed 2013 to 2017
- Changed MSVC_VER to 15.8
- Changed _MSVC_VER to 1915

Then, when configuring Qt, I add the flag -platform win32-msvc2017, and have the environment variable QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2017

Does this seem about right?  I'm really out of my element on this one, and have been stuck on this error for quite a while now.