[Interest] Qt 5.3.2 with msvc2017

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 23 07:12:27 CEST 2018

On Saturday, 22 September 2018 17:42:42 PDT Russell, Matthew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been able to build Qt 5.3.2 with MSVC 2017?  I'm running into a

The first version to support MSVC 2017 was 5.8. No earlier version works with
it. Versions earlier than 5.9 also specific changes to the configure
application too, which didn't exist.

More importantly, Qt 5.3 is unsupported and has known security bugs. Don't use
it. So upgrade to 5.9.

> Does this seem about right?  I'm really out of my element on this one, and
> have been stuck on this error for quite a while now.

No, it does not. The only correct solution is to upgrade.