[Interest] When Microsoft comes to purchase Qt what will be the outcome?

Jérôme Godbout godboutj at amotus.ca
Tue Sep 25 14:42:33 CEST 2018

Exactly, they already have Xamarin, I don't any real advantage fro them to
buy Qt, Microsoft prefer their C# as a cross platform anyway. That would be
a huge surprise and a waste of money that doesn't add any real value. And
if they buy out Qt, I don't see why the open source part of it would not
remain the same. Anyway, anybody would be able to fork the open source part
of Qt and continue from there.

As far as I can see, Xamarin is still up and running just fine and so does
GitHub, unless we don't see something underground ground on?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 at 07:41, Jean-Michaël Celerier <
jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Considering that when MS bought Xamarin they put it under MIT, I'd wager
> that if they ever happen to buy TQTC, they would certainly do the same
> with Qt.
>
> On 9/25/18 1:29 PM, Jason H wrote:
> > There's a suicide pact with the community that if Qt ever stops being
> updated, that it is relicensed under BSD.

RAPPROCHEZ LA DISTANCE

*Jérôme Godbout*Senior Software Developer

*p:* +1 (418) 800-1073 ext.:109

*m:* +1 (581) 777-0050

amotus.ca <http://www.amotus-solutions.com/>
statum-iot.com