[Interest] Porting Qt to our RTOS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 27 21:14:39 CEST 2018

On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 23:53:17 PDT Tuukka Turunen wrote:
> Hi Kim,
>
> Even partial Posix will help you get going. It is possible to do without,
> but then more work will be needed.

I echo the part about POSIX. If you don't have a POSIX layer, you're going to
have to port even things like filesystem support, so it's going to increase
your workload considerably.

We don't require full POSIX, much less POSIX certification. Just look at
Android: their C library (Bionic) is a very crappy implementation of the POSIX
specification, but it's sufficient for Qt needs. But the better your
implementation is, the less you'll see me complain.