[Interest] Porting Qt to our RTOS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 27 21:23:38 CEST 2018

On Thursday, 27 September 2018 09:03:55 PDT Giuseppe D'Angelo via Interest
wrote:
> Il 27/09/2018 17:14, Roland Hughes ha scritto:
> > On 9/27/18 1:53 AM, Kim Hartman  wrote:
> > The short answer is that you shouldn't.
> >
> > The AGILE processes behind Qt development
>
> 1) This is an unproven and unwarranted assertion about whatever way Qt
> is developed. Since most of upstream development happens behind close
> doors at TQC, please refrain from making such statements, unless you
> happen to be working at TQC and can comment on the matter. And, even so,
> other development (e.g. the one *I personally* do on Qt) does not happen
> to be using agile processes.

Nor mine.

And I did work for Trolltech and Nokia, and back then we did not use agile. I
doubt the team is using it now.

> > means that a lot of shortcuts
> > get taken and are allowed as long as the test-nothing automated test
> > clears Jenkins.
>
> This is simply FUD, and it's offensive to whoever (like me) develops Qt
> as an external contributor and still cares about its quality.

And we don't use Jenkins. This is a completely FALSE assertion, no basis in
truth, intended to do harm. It's very easily proven wrong, since the testing
is open, clearly tests and failures cause changes to be rejected. In other
words, this sentence is defamation.

Roland, consider yourself on notice. Your comment about OpenZinc was fine --
even if it is a competitor, telling people about their options is the right
thing to do. You can relate your experience with Qt and where things did not
satisfy you. But you cannot make false assertions and stupid generalisations.