[Interest] Multiple Qt3DExtras::Qt3DWindow instances in one application doesn't work

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:07:29 CEST 2019

I would highly recommend you avoid relying on the classes in Qt3DExtras.

That code is in a grey area - not really "official & supported". It seems
to exist only for the examples (which also don't work in some cases) and
it's not "real-world" ready. We were told at the beginning that they would
be cleaned up and make their way into a supported state, but that never
happened.

<rant>These are pieces that would be useful for anyone learning Qt3D or
doing something simple. Yet they continue to be incomplete/not well
designed/not supported. Of course if it were between these classes and
having actual documentation & working examples for Qt3D, I'd take the docs
& examples.</rant>

Also - if you're using a CI like Travis, Linux distros don't seem to build
& include Qt3DExtras, so you have to build it yourself during the CI
process.

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>