[Interest] QtIFW Multiple entries in Apps & features

Harald Vistnes harald.vistnes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:35:41 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am using QtIFW for installing my application. In the Apps & features page
in Settings on Windows, my application is listed multiple times. I usually
install new versions without first removing the old version.

In regedit I've found the corresponding entries for my application
in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall,
each time with a different GUID.

I guess I have set some setting in the QtIFW configuration files
incorrectly to cause this behaviour, but I'm not sure what it is. Can
anyone point me in the right direction? Why does the application get a new
GUID each time? Can one enforce the GUID to remain the same, so that the
entry in Apps & features is updated instead of adding new ones? Or can one
at least remove old entries when installing?

Thanks,
Harald