[Interest] Struggling to build qt 5.9.9 for iOS

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Aug 11 18:38:28 CEST 2019

On Sunday, 11 August 2019 05:15:31 PDT maitai wrote:
> FYI based on what you said I added -qt-zlib to configure options, and
> now my app compiles and runs OK. I don't know if it is a normal option
> for such a build

My regular recommendation is to never use the -qt-<libname> options. You as
the app distributor should be aware of all the libraries you're shipping, for
two very important reasons:

1) licensing. Most of those libraries are BSD-3-Clause, which means you need
to list them and their copyright in your app's documentation. Qt can help you
in this since there's a "qt_atribution.json" file next to each of the third-
party libraries, so you can simply collect them all and include the necessary
attributions in your documentation.

2) security. You must be aware of the libraries you can track CVEs published
against them and update your build within a reasonable timeframe of the fixes
being published by the upstream developers. Qt will not do this for you.