[Interest] Click and hold on close button

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Wed Aug 28 16:34:21 CEST 2019

> When it loses focus it stops rendering a cursor altogether (you can test this
> out with another application arranged side-by-side with notepad).

Good point, so at least in the Notepad case, it does appear to follow the same behavior as my quick Qt sample application - clicking and holding on one of the window minimize/maximize/close buttons causes Notepad's cursor to still be visible, but stop blinking, while clicking & holding on Notepad's title bar (but not on any actual button) allows the cursor to keep blinking.

Which I think gives me the ammunition I need to say this isn't my application doing something weird and we shouldn't waste any time (well, at least more than I already have) trying to fix this.

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com