[Interest] Click and hold on close button

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 28 16:34:11 CEST 2019

On Wednesday, 28 August 2019 06:57:18 PDT Murphy, Sean wrote:
> > I would just tell the user that it behaves like notepad and 99% of other
> > Windows applications.
>
> That's just it, I'm not sure that it does work like other Windows
> applications that don't use Qt. I just tried both Chrome and Windows Media
> Player and they do NOT exhibit that behavior. For Chrome

Chrome and Firefox aren't good tests because of their multi-process
architecture. The renderer process is a child of the one holding the main
window, so even if the main process is frozen, the child can still render. The
architecture is done because usually the situation is the reverse: the
renderer freezes and the main process can kill it and reload.

I don't know about the Media Player. It's quite likely that the video itself
is decoded entirely out of process, but I thought the feeding of the bytes
from the file would come from the process itself.